won who actress who grossed more in movie theaters and multiplexes in 2014. Jennifer Lawrence did cash out $ 1.4 billion.
In the movie X-Men: Days of Future Past played the role of Mystique which led the box office with $ 746 million dollars.
In Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 played the role of Katniss Everdeen and did collect $ 647 million.
The ranking of actress or actor who have reached the higher grossings:
Source: Federico Boni
Inputs of the entertainment industry in 2014 in Italy:
1. Maleficent (€ 14,063,557) - 2,173,206 viewers
2. A Boss in living room (€ 12,311,441) - 1,888,662 viewers
3. The wolf of Wall Street (€ 11,959,019) - 1,843,901 viewers
4. The Hobbit: the battle of five armee (€ 11,377,880) - 1,475,614 viewers
5. The rich, the poor and the butler (€ 10,783,932) - 1,572,707 viewers
6. Interstellar (€ 10,643,034) - 1.58713 million viewers
7. Under a luchy star(€ 10,312,789) - 1,653,445 viewers
8. The amazing spider-man 2 - 3D: The power of electro (€ 9,170,539) - 1,447,202 viewers
9. Hunger games - The song of revolt: Part 1 (€ 8,900,758) - 1,335,291 viewers
10. Transformers 4: The exinction era (€ 8,701,491) - 1,224,256 viewers
Inputs of the entertainment industry in 2014 in North America:
1. Guardians of the Galaxy (332 million dollars)
2. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (306 million)
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (259 million dollars)
4. The Lego Movie (257 million dollars)
5. Transformers 4, Age of Extinction ($ 245 million)
The inputs to the cinema in 2014 in North America have slipped to the lowest level in the last two decades. According to preliminary estimates, the tickets sold were approximately 1.26 billion with a decrease of 6% compared to 2013.
Source: Hollywood Reporter
Inputs of the entertainment industry in 2014 in Russia:
1. Transformers: Age of Extinction (45.200121000 dollars)
2. Maleficent (37.779753000 dollars)
3. Guardians of the Galaxy (37.480983000 dollars)
4. Viy 3D (34.125682000 dollars)
5. Noah (33.854392000 dollars)
According to preliminary estimates, the tickets were sold about 39 billion rubles, an increase of 7.8% compared to 2013.
Source: Russia - CIS Yearly Box Office
Source: Research in Newavesti "Wedomostil"
Source: "Bjulleten kinoprokata"
The legendary Hollywood studios have embraced the green policy. The program of the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America), the organization of the US film producers and those television (the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers), has set the goal of combating climate change and reducing emissions CO2 environment.
In this way the studios become green: reduced by 63% (40.2 million tons) their solid waste and emissions by an amount equivalent to 7,315 cars removed from the road.
Edison and film production storm drafted "Edison Green Movie", the first protocol of environmental sustainability for the cinema in Europe. A real "production procedure" can indicate the best solutions to achieve energy saving and environmental sustainability in the preparation and filming of a movie. It is organized in themes:
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION;
-CONNECTION TO THE NETWORK;
At the meeting of the "Committee for the development and protection of legal digital works" by AGCOM was made a budget.
Since the application of the "Regulations on copyright online" from 03, 31 2014 to 11, 20 2014 were considered 142 requests. Nine applications were withdrawn and thirty were unacceptable for formal mistakes.
The proceedings have been 95:
- 71% has been trained with the ordinary procedure (which provides for a maximum period of 35 working days);
- 29% has been trained with the urgent procedure (which provides for a maximum of 12 working days).
Among the cases reached conclusion on the date of November 30:
- 62% has adequate spontaneously;
- 29% has closed the DNS of the sites;
- 9% was filed for formal mistakes.
Briefly, in these eight months of activity were blocked more than 3.5 million illegal files:
- more than 2.5 million music;
- more than 1 million audiovisual.
For three years the Kinodromo Hall in Via Pietralata in Bologna offers independent and alternative cinema: no blockbusters and big productions. Here is possible to find experimental movies which are not easely findable elsewhere.
Each month there is a focus dedicated to those who produce, direct and interpret films in Bologna and this area. Another peculiarity is the live music or the DJ-set which, around 7 p.m. , introduces each film.
The objective of this third season is "expand this succeful model to the entire region of Emilia Romagna by connecting art' professionals, cultural associations and opinion-makers." says Niccolò Manzolini co-founder of Kinodromo.
This model have been already launched in:
The Report of Digital TV Research for Netflix says that in northern European countries there was an increase from 1.1 million to 2 million.
With the landing in September of the group Netflix in six northern European countries were conquered other international 320,000 subscribers in addition to the 14.4 million international customers already acquired.
From the end of September were awarded in the following European countries new contracts Netflix as listed:
Some bloggers argue that Netflix has already helped reduce films' piracy thanks to the immediacy of its program.
If in 2008 in Norway had downloaded 1.2 billion video and music pirate, and in 2012 this figure dropped to 210 million, the most likely cause is that the collapse of piracy is due on arrival in Norway by alternatives to piracy which are pleasant to use and convenient for users: Netflix and Spotify.
If the motto coined by Gabe Newell: "Piracy is not a people problem. It's a service problem." corresponds to reality, the arrival of Netflix in Europe will correspond to a decrease in films' piracy.
The Regulations for the European Italian Agcom copyright online does not contradict the European Union regulations, with response to interrogation of October 30, 2014.
In particular, the power entrusted AGCOM to intervene to end or prevent a violation of copyright, is coherent with European Law.
"Article 12, paragraph 3, Article 13, paragraph 2, and Article 14, paragraph 3, of the Directive on electronic commerce expressly contemplate the possibility that the national legal system applicable administrative or judicial proceedings and that an organ competent judicial or administrative authority requiring the service provider intermediate services terminate or prevent an infringement of copyright. "
The Commissioner points out that "The measures taken in this regard must be anytime compatible with EU law."
Must therefore respect the fundamental rights enshrined in the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the EU, including freedom and pluralism of the media, or the principles of EU legislation derived from primary or secondary legislation, for example:
- The principle of proportionality (Article 8, paragraph 1, of Directive 2001/29 / EC on the harmonization of certain aspects of copyright and related rights in the information society);
- Respect for intellectual property rights (Article 3 of Directive 2004/48 / EC on the enforcement of intellectual property rights).
Agcom: Authority for guarantee in the communications.
In October in Rome was held the conference: 'The new frontiers of innovation between copyright and patent' organized by:
- General Director of Libraries of Italy;
- MiBACT: Italian Ministry of Culture-Copyright Department;
- European University of Rome;
- Centre for Research of Excellence in Copyright (CREDA).
On this occasion the president of AGCOM published the budget of six months of the "Regulation against piracy" which permitted 108 instances of closure of illegal sites.
For the President of AGCOM this is a "positive balance" and as he explained :"...the procedures are carried out and there was a definite victory in the offense against the piracy and an increase in awareness. Most important of all is that Italy is not more in the USA's "watch list" in which was included for 25 years."
In Tour in Seattle: after three successful editions, Cinecittà Luce and the Seattle International Film Festival renew their partnership to present " Cinema Italian Style" in Seattle.
The 2014 edition of "Cinema Italian Style" will be dedicated to the producer Franco Cristaldi and to one of the greatest Italian director Giuseppe Tornatore, who will present the world premiere of the digital restored version of his Oscar® winning movie "Cinema Paradiso" , on the twenty-fifth anniversary of its theatrical release.
From 14 to 20 November, the 'transfer' of the festival brings titles and talents to Seattle in one of the most vital of the American film scene, after its debut in Los Angeles.
Cinema Italian Style (CIS ) 2014 will present a film and a documentary selection of Italy's best and most recent productions compiled by the artistic curator Laura Delli Colli, including Human Capital by Paolo Virzì, the Italian Entry - Best Foreign Language Film at the 87th Academy Awards®.
Cinema Italian Style 2014
is made by: -
- Seattle International Film Festival;
- American Cinematheque Theatres;
with the collaboration of:
- Italian Trade Commission;
- Italian Cultural Institute of Los Angeles;
under the auspices of:
- Consulate General of Italy in Los Angeles;
with the support of:
- Italian Ministry of Culture-Film Department;
- Bonato Milano 1960;
- Leading Hotels of the World;
with the technical sponsor of:
- Rossano Ferretti;
with media partners:
- L'Uomo Vogue.
Official site is :